Toys N Bricks

[Entries] LEGO City Building Contest (April-June 2020)

LEGO City Building Contest Entries Submission (April-June 2020)

186657176_LEGOCityBuildingContest(March-May2020).thumb.jpg.266e0bd2513609e004b5b3ce8842a6e4.jpg

Toys N Bricks loves our fans, visitors and readers. In times where countries are under lockdown and we have to stay in our homes, Toys N Bricks want to continue to provide fun LEGO building activities for you and your family. 

Build a City scene, building or monument from your country using LEGO pieces and share it with us!  ( :

All questions, comments, prizes and details regarding the contest can be found here

Submit your Entry

• Entries can be submitted here
  • Provide the name(s) of your model(s)
  • Description of your creation
  • Estimated retail price of your creation
  • You may upload up to a maximum of 5 photos
  • The piece(s) used (it would be good if you can provide us a rough estimate just so we know how many pieces was used to create that awesome creation!)

You may edit your entry as many times as you like until the deadline (June 5, 2020).

Evaluation 
Contest evaluation to be determined. 

Deadline: June 5, 2020

Contest runs for 2 months and ends on June 5, 2020 at 21:00 PST (June 6, 2020 - 0:00 EST).

BLOCK PARTY

Our family thought that when we're allowed to go out and gather together again, it would be a celebration. A punk band are throwing an impromptu block party (The Misbricks? Brick Flag? SNOTFX? ) My 8 year old helped out by making the yellow car, the Toy sign, the bench, bike lane planters, cyclist, and more. It was great to have something constructive to do together while stuck inside. It's hard to see, but my favourite detail that I made is the gas meter in front of the toy store. It was a fun challenge to design those things I see in front of all the buildings in our downtown neighbourhood. The kids loved the angry neighbour trying to sleep from their shift work with his teddy, while I enjoyed making that window detailing.

1756468715_moc1.thumb.jpg.3b5ec7ebf0500246ab0b4cdaf995ce31.jpg

The back of the buildings show the musician's home where the cat looks up, missing its owners. There's a a game of Dungeons & Dragons above the comic's shop that's got a lot of Marvel merch and DC comics. The toy store has Lego of course,  but we also designed out own robots, Pikachu and those Nexo Knights monsters make great Madballs.

2066303272_moc4.thumb.jpg.7cf6b9eadcdfd0609d55b2f1cb3ce1ae.jpg

1077699249_moc6.thumb.jpg.598a79d6f756d92caa6a678bc08b032d.jpg

A POV from the fans gathering to watch the show.

1737603905_moc7.thumb.jpg.8e03ee59496ce6bf327820f67afc55e2.jpg

From this angle,  we can kind of see the guy climbing the tree has an appropriate Spider-Man toque. There's a Canada Post-style mailbox and cool window display in the comic shop. The hipster and his dog don't seem to be very happy about the noise though, and left a little present behind. There's always a party pooper.

2018329406_moc3.thumb.jpg.bba67a8f069b777056969164db1d2103.jpg

I hope you enjoy. Our fam is looking forward to seeing the other creations!

I have no idea how many pieces we used, but it might retail for $250+ based on the costs of the other modular city sets and the number of minifigs?

Thanks for your eyes!

Skullossus and family

The Pint restaurant and hair salon/barber shop.

This is my creation that I made in around 4 days and uses a rough guess of 600+ pieces. I had made this creation a few years back and I decided that it would be a contest worthy build so I made it again with my collection except I spiced it up a bit. The steps leading up to the door are new as well as the upper floor hair salon/barber shop. I also decided to add the skylights to add a bit more light in the room and make it more visible. The floor in the restaurant is made up of bricks on their side to form a smooth effect (I hope that this is allowed).

IMG_2596.thumb.jpg.8455c1aa776301f6e8e9d427ec96eb57.jpg

From this angle you can see that there is a man looking at his hair in a mirror made with an exact replica of him except behind a window piece. The guy getting his hair cut probably is having a bad day judging by his face.

IMG_2597.thumb.jpg.6a278edb5be655f2d22f5f905b83bc7f.jpg

You are able to see the scene that is happening in the building from the back. You are also able to take off the roof as well as the second floor so that you can play or do what you want without braking anything. The dude sitting at the counter looks like he isn't afraid of anything.

IMG_2600.thumb.jpg.fbe081eb0216cd38e17fa1de58ab4681.jpg

There is a fish tank on the wall opposite the mirror wall with an actual lego fish. The guy having his hair dried doesn't look like he trusts the whole thing.

IMG_2599.thumb.jpg.69e7a9ba86a82875b2bff4d6f0053e05.jpg

Building the water fountain was fun.

IMG_2592.thumb.jpg.cc37c268f97e042b1f7924a647725920.jpg

Thank you for viewing my lego creation. I guess that this creation would be around $260+ because of how many pieces. I had lots of fun building this and I hope to be able to enter into this contests next year as well.

- Lego Master

My entire Lego collection is mostly comprised of Lego Technic which makes it difficult to build a city scenery. So I built this cityline of Toronto. On the fourth picture, all the structures are identified.

toronto.png

toronto_2.png

toronto_3.png

toronto_anno.png

New York Cityscape

No need to leave your house to see the United States' biggest city: New York City! Visit the Statue of Liberty, the Guggenheim Museum, the Empire State Building, and more. Travel trough Manhattan with over 5 mini-cars, 11 important New York landmarks, and a ton of imagined buildings with creative uses.

Uses ~500-to-600 pieces, and would cost about $49.99.

The last photo shows each important landmark's name.

IMG_8944.JPG

IMG_8946.JPG

labelled.png